This is the ultimate countryside tour. It gives you the opportunity to visit the antiquities of Delphi the ancient consulting centre and then by a great drive through the mount Bralos that many people compare in beauty with the Alpes and end to Meteora (Kalambaka) where the most unique monasteries where built on top of sandstone rocks.
We always offer you the flexibility to change the itinerary according to your wishes.
- Location Delphi
- Departure / Return Location Customer Defined
- Departure Time Customer Defined
- Return Time 8 hours after lunch the last day
- English speaking driver
- Free WIFI on board
- Transportation in luxury can according to the group size
- Entrance tickets
- Tour Guide (Contact us if you like a tour guide to inform you for the cost)
- sedan: 1 to 3 pax
- minibus or van: 4 to 8 pax
- minibus: 8 to18 pax
Departing from Athens, we drive through Thebes, Levadeia for Delphi known in ancient times as the novel of the world. Visit at the archaeological site the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and the museum of Delphi.
After launch depart through Central Greece, Trikala to Kalambaka (a small town built at the foot of the the grey rocks and crowned by the Meteora Monasteries).
Overnight stay, in Kalambaka.
In the morning drive up to Meteora and visit two of the Byzantine monasteries, built on top of gigantic natural sandstone rock pillars of weird shapes. The whole area of Meteora is a unique phenomenon and it is considered by UNESCO part of our world’s heritage. These monasteries kept our nation alive after the Turkish occupation. This place was never conquered by the Turks. After lunch return to Athens passing by the heroic monument of Leonidas at Thermopylae (short stop).
Arrival in Athens in the evening.
- Museum & Archaeological Site of Delphi Full: €9
- Meteora Monasteries Full: €2 (each monastery)
- Free admission for Journalists / Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age) / University students from Greece and the E.U
Opening hours for Archaelogical Site & Museum
Last admission at 15.15
Sites’ Opening Hours during Holidays
6 January: 08:30 – 15:00
Shrove Monday: 08:30 – 15:00
Good Friday: 12:00 – 17:00
Holy Saturday: 08:00 – 15:00
Easter Monday: 08:30 – 15:00
Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 – 15:00
15 August: 08:30 – 15:00
28 October: 08:30 – 15:00
25 & 26 December
What to wear
Summer: Comfortable athletic clothing, hat, athletic shoes and sunscreen.
Winter: Comfortable warm clothing, jacket and winter shoes.