This journey is an extension of the 2-day tour of Delphi-Meteora providing a more relaxing trip with one overnight stay in Delphi and one in Kalambaka. Recommended for people who want to avoid long driving hours during a day.
- Location Delphi
- Departure / Return Location Customer Defined
- Departure Time Customer Defined
- Return Time 8 hours after lunch the last day
- English speaking driver
- Free WIFI on board
- Transportation in luxury can according to the group size
- Entrance tickets
- Tour Guide (Contact us if you like a tour guide to inform you for the cost)
- sedan: 1 to 3 pax
- minibus or van: 4 to 8 pax
- minibus: 8 to18 pax
Thebes – Levadeia
Leave Athens early in the morning to Delphi via the National highway, passing by the towns of Thebes – Levadeia (quick Stop) and Arachova.
Visit to the Museum of Delphi with its spectacular finds including the Ancient Sanctuary of the Greek God Apollo. Afternoon is free.
Overnight & Dinner in Delphi.
Morning is free in Delphi. Departure to Kalambaka and the Meteora Monasteries the most unique religious community ever. Driving through picturesque mountain villages and towns of Central Greece.
Overnight & Dinner in Kalambaka town or Kastraki village (Meteora).
In the morning drive up to Meteora and visit two of the Byzantine monasteries, built on top of gigantic natural sandstone rock pillars of weird shapes. The whole area of Meteora is a unique phenomenon and it is considered by UNESCO part of our world’s heritage. Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae (passing by the Leonidas monument).
Arriving in Athens, early in the evening.
- Museum & Archaeological Site of Delphi Full: €9
- Free admission for Journalists / Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age) / University students from Greece and the E.U
- Monasteries of Meteora Full: €2 (each monastery)
Opening hours for Archaelogical Site & Museum
Last admission at 15.15
What to wear
Summer: Comfortable athletic clothing, hat, athletic shoes and sunscreen.
Winter: Comfortable warm clothing, jacket and winter shoes.