This tour gives you the opportunity to combine the antiquities of the Acropolis and the antiquities of Cape Sounion in a full day along the whole Attica riviera area.
We always offer you the flexibility to change the itinerary according to your wishes.
- Location Athens
- Departure / Return Location Customer Defined
- Departure Time Customer Defined
- Return Time 9 hours after launch
- English speaking driver
- Free WIFI on board
- Transportation in luxury can according to the group size
- Entrance tickets
- Tour Guide (Contact us if you like a tour guide to inform you for the cost)
- sedan: 1 to 3 pax
- minibus or van: 4 to 8 pax
- minibus: 8 to18 pax
Greeting you at your hotel or at the arrival cruise terminal and starting our tour at the Acropolis Hill. First, Propylaia its monumental gate to the Parthenon, Temple Athena Nike, Erechtheion Temple a site associated with some of the most ancient and holy relics of the Athenians then Parthenon the temple dedicated to goddess Athena the Virgin.
Afterwards we will drive you to the Panathenaic Stadium where the first modern Olympic Games took place in 1896. After that the temple of Olympian Zeus the biggest temple ever made in Greek history and Hardian’s Arch.
Driving down to Syntagma square (in Greek constitution Square) via Herod Atticus Str. You can see the “Evzones”(presidential guards) in their picturesque uniform in front of the Parliament (ex Royal Palace) and the Presidential Palace.
From there, you will continue to Lycabettus Hill (the highest hill of Athens) for great photo opportunities (this stop is not available for groups over 12 passengers).
From here, you will continue on to Cape Sounio enjoying Includes a wonderful drive along the coastal road of Saronic Gulf also known as the Athenian Riviera. Passing through the most beautiful southern suburbs of Athens (Varkiza, Glufada, Vouliagmeni).
In Cape Sounio you will visit the Temple of Poseidon where you will be able to enjoy one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world and have lunch or dinner by the sea before making your way back to Athens.
- Acropolis and Temple of Zeus 26 euros total
- Temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounio 4 euro
- Free admission for Students from E.U. / Journalists / Persons under 18 (with current identification to prove age) / University students from Greece and the E.U
- Reduced admission for Citizens of the E.U. / aged over 65 / Students from countries outside the E.U.
- Free admission (regardless of age) on the following dates 6 March / 5 June / 18 April / 18 May (International Museums Day) / The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
1 April – 31 October
1 November – 31 March
Opening hours for the archeological sites
Winter period: 8:30am – 15:00
Summer period: 8:00am – 19:30
Opening hours for Temple of Poseidon
Winter period: 9:30am until sunset
Summer period: 8:00am until sunset
Last entry 20 min before closing.
Sites’ Opening Hours during Holidays
6 January: 08:30 – 15:00
Shrove Monday: 08:30 – 15:00
Good Friday: 12:00 – 15:00
Holy Saturday: 08:30 – 15:00
Easter Monday: 08:30 – 15:00
Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 – 15:00
15 August: 08:30 – 15:00
28 October: 08:30 – 15:00
25 & 26 December
What to wear
Summer: Comfortable athletic clothing, hat, athletic shoes and sunscreen.
Winter: Comfortable warn clothing, jacket and winter shoes.